Wednesday, January 26, 2011

4 Days 20 hours

So today was a tough day.  First last night we got a call that Uncle Junior was in the hospital, with some form of pancreatitis and his levels were through the roof.  So trying to go to bed was hard.  We got up this morning and it was a whorlwind of a day.  I did have a great conversation with Allie Broderick this morning and released a lot of uneasiness that I had with the trip.  Nana and Pappo Ruff came up today and spent time with our little hero.  Bringing lots of hugs and kisses, and gifts to spoil him they spent most of the day with him and I was so thankful.  I really had missed them too and it was great to see Blye play and have fun with them.  Since we have pulled him out of school I feel terrible that he doesn't get to see his friends all the time and I know that we both are feeling the isolation become overwhelming.  The great thing is I have talked to his teacher and we are going to go up to the school on Friday and see all the kids and say goodbye.  I hope that it all goes well and I hold it together.  Back to the day being tough, I have just really started feeling the emotional stress.  I was having trouble with getting all the stuff with our hotel worked out the last couple days and it finally came together this morning.  The weird thing was the stress seemed to not lift as much as I wanted. My Dad did call and let me know too that Junior is doing ok and they think that his galbladder is the culprit and they are going to remove it.  I think that I can sum it all up with a famous phrase that a good friend and I used to say when you felt overwhelmed..."To much chicken!"  Tomorrow will be better, I know it, I just need to not let it all get to me.  So here's to 4 days and 20 hours...    

3 comments:

Jenifer said...

Thinking of you and Mr. Blye right now! I will be praying constantly for all of you that everything goes off without a hitch! You are a wonderful mom and I am so very proud of you. I love you all with all my heart and can't wait to see where this adventure goes from here. Remember to Breathe!
Love you always,
Aunt Jenifer

Jules said...

I am sooo excited and so scared at the same time for you guys. I can't believe that its almost here already. Keep us updated and give that boy a kiss for me from Aunt Julie!!!

Nicole Streeb said...

Andrea, I want you to know you and Blye are always in our thoughts! My mom and I talk of you guys often and we send our love, prayers, ad hope. Good luck in Germany. I know you feel overwhelmed right now, but just breath :) Things always have a way of turning out right for the people who deserve it, and above anyone you and Blye deserve it! I love you guys! GoddluckGoodluckGoodluck. <3

Listen to blyesmoms Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones